Andy Murray on 9 October 2016 won the 2016 China Open Men’s Singles title at the National Tennis Center in Beijing, China.
World Number two Murray defeated Grigor Dimitrov by 6–4, 7–6.
About China Open
- The China Open is an annual professional tennis tournament held in Beijing, China.
- The men’s singles and doubles events were first held in 1993, as the ATP opened a series of new tournaments in Asia.
- In 1998, the tournament was dropped from the ATP tour calendar, but was reinstated in 2004.
- In 2006, the China Open became the first tournament outside of the United States to use the Hawk-Eye system in match play.
- Novak Djokovic is the only player to have won the title six times. He also holds the record for consecutive wins with four titles.
- In doubles, the Bryan Brothers are the only doubles pair to have won consecutive titles.
- Agnieszka Radwanska, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Serena Williams hold the record for most titles won in the women’s tournament, with two titles each.
- Novak Djokovic was the winner of the 2015 China Open.
Source: Jagran Josh