The Union Government on 29 September 2016 appointed R Subramania Kumar as Executive Director (ED) of state-owned Indian Overseas Bank.
Kumar is currently serving as the Executive Director of Indian Bank.
About Indian Overseas Bank
• Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) is a major public sector bank based in Chennai.
• It has about 3700 domestic branches, including 1150 branches in Tamil Nadu, 3 extension counters, and eight branches and offices overseas as of 30 September 2014.
• Indian Overseas Bank has an ISO certified in-house Information Technology department, which has developed the software that its branches use to provide online banking to customers.
• The bank has achieved 100% networking status as well as 100% CBS status for its branches.
• IOB also has a network of about 3300 ATMs all over India.
• IOB has branches in Singapore, Hong Kong, Colombo, Seoul, and Bangkok.
• It has representative offices in Guangzhou, Vietnam, and Dubai.
• IOB also is part-owner of a joint-venture bank in Malaysia.
Source: Jagran Josh