The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on 16 November 2016 launched a revamped version of its toll-free helpline number 1947. The number is revamped to handle more incoming calls.
The helpline number was launched to help residents get quick access to information about Aadhaar.
Key highlights of the toll-free helpline number
- The free of cost helpline 1947 will be available 24×7 throughout the year on IVRS mode.
- On the other hand, call-centre agents will be available from 7 am to 11 pm from Monday to Saturday. On Sundays, the agents will answer calls from 8 am to 5 pm.
- On an average, the helpline number handles about 1.5 lakh calls per day.
- It can be accessed through mobile or landline.
- It will be especially beneficial in these times when the Aadhaar number is being increasingly used in the banking sector to identify individuals.
- It will also enable residents to locate an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre, know generation status of an Aadhaar number and help retrieve Aadhaar details of any person who has lost his/her Aadhaar or has not received it through post.
Source: Jagran Josh